Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why I love a small town.

As I lay here this morning unable to sleep again, with so many things going through this thick head of mine. I was thinking about how much I love living in a small town. With the events that have been happening in the past few months with so many of our little ones being taken home, I am in awe with the way that people pull together. So many things have changed since I was young and that is ok but one thing that hasn't changed is the outpouring of love of people.
Watching this week as people have done for Mitchell and Leanna and how strong their family is makes me very happy to live in a small community where people just do. Not because they are expected to but because that is what is in there hearts. How thankful I am to be able to raise my children here with people like you. I hope that I can be as giving and loving as those that I have seen this week and in the past few months.

8 comments:

Kacie said...

Amee your so cute! Of course your giving and loving. What is it lately with so many of our babies leaving us? Is it just me or do you see that too!?

James Reidhead said...

Its great to hear from you Amee. Your still my small town cuz - best friend a small town boy could ever have. Life is short - how blessed we are to have the true gospel in our lives. fyi - Doc says I have to have surgery on my neck (fuse C6 & C7) in a few weeks. I still count my blessings each day though. I can't complain. We are setting up our blog soon. Email me at jreidhead@stayner.com.

Aunt Tiff said...

I agree with you on the small town thing...nowhere else could you get that kind of support!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I do love Heber! I was telling Jared the other day how more easier it would be to be able to live around friends and family that you could count on day in and day out. Not just having to call on the phone and try to get the support you need sometimes.
We may not make it back to Heber but we look forward to moving within driving distance.
Oh, and your little Gavin is too cute. Hopefully we end up with a red head also:)

Kristal said...

I love your new family picture! How much cuter can your kids possibly get?!?!? It should be a crime. I miss Heber alot. Having that support system is priceless. I hope the Reidhead family is doing alright. Everytime a little baby dies or is seriously injured it jolts me back to reality and where my focus needs to be. Hope your family is doing well.

Skousen Seven said...

Amee, I heard you were going private so I wanted to leave you my e-mail address---dwskousen@gmail.com.
I so miss our family get togethers in Heber. Those were the days when we could go and do almost anything we wanted too. It was so nice to live in the canyon, where everyone looked after each other. I have so many treasured memories!

Aunt Tiff said...

Hey my sister Jami is needing your address so she can send you one of Carly's weddings announcements. she is also needing Kyle's address. Give her a call 928-535-9776. Thanks!!!!

~Merrill ~Millennial Preschool said...

You have such a beautiful family. I found your blog and had to say Hi! I love having Tate in preschool! He's a terrific kid. I loved your thoughts on our small community, that's why we moved up here! (what are your thoughts on a preschool blog?)